In order to claim Austrian VAT refund, you shall send us:
1. All the original Invoices displaying Austrian VAT. No receipts or other documents may be accepted.
2. A Copy of a Recent Certificate issued by the relevant Tax Authority of your EU country of residence, stating that your company is registered there for local VAT payment. (Ask for a sample form)
A special Letter of Authority which you should print on your headed paper and sign, by which you authorise us to prepare and submit your claim for refund on your behalf. (Ask for a Proxy form)
Claims may solely be submitted on a yearly, six-monthly or quarterly basis. Refund claims for a total value inferior to € 300.00 will be rejected.
We shall receive all the documents necessary for the submission of your request by 31st August of the year following the invoice date. The refund claim, as a matter of fact, must be submitted to the relevant Tax Authority by 30th September of the year following the invoice date.
Please Note: Any claims submitted after this terms shall be rejected as not acceptable;
The competent Tax Authority shall pay the refund no later than 4 months from the date the claim is submitted, by way of a direct bank transfer to the account held by the applicant.
No Austrian VAT refund will be paid on the following services:
– Goods and services unrelated to the company business
– Goods and services used for activities that are exempt according to Austrian Tax Laws
– Expenses incurred for the purchase or rental of motor-vehicles for the transportation of people
– Expenses incurred for the maintenance of vehicles for the transportation of people, including fuel costs.
Our tariff for VAT Recovery in AUSTRIA is based on the amount of refunded VAT, contact us to know it.